CDF Account Benefits
- All deposits in the CDF are guaranteed by the Catholic Bishop of Christchurch.
- Credit interest rates which are reviewed periodically.
- All accounts earn interest from the first dollar.
- No fees of any kind.
- Flexibility and simple approach.
- Common Catholic ethos.
- Personalised service – you will speak to a real person when you phone the CDF in business hours.
- A staff member may be available to visit you at your home or workplace.
- A request for a withdrawal made by 3pm on any weekday will be actioned the same day.
- CDF Online - internet based service.
Please click here to download our Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) pursuant to the Financial Markets Conduct Act 2013. This contains important information for existing and prospective account holders. It is important to read this.
If you wish to open a new account with the CDF you need to download and complete a New Depositor form.
Click here for the New Depositor – Personal form.
Click here for the Automatic Payment form (valid for the On-call Savings, Christmas Club, Education and Funeral Accounts). A separate form is needed for each account if you are opening more than one and wish to make regular automatic deposits from your bank account to your CDF account.
Click here for the CDF Online application – Public form
Cheques are to be made out to “Catholic Development Fund”. Or please contact us to transfer money online from your bank. Should you have any questions, please phone the CDF on 366 9869 or 0800 40 FUND (3863).
Please post the completed New Depositor form and any other forms to the CDF at
Catholic Development Fund
PO Box 4544
Click here for information on making further deposits and or withdrawals, once your account is open.